Monday, December 08, 2008

Lovely Lady Dressed in Blue

Lovely Lady dressed in blue Teach me how to pray! God was just your little boy, Tell me what to say! Did you lift Him up, sometimes, Gently on your knee? Did you sing to Him the way Mother does to me? Did you hold His hand at night? Did you ever try telling stories of the world? O! And did He cry? Do you really think He cares If I tell Him things little things that happen? And do the Angels' wings make a noise? And can He hear me if I speak low? Does He understand me now? Tell me, for you know. Lovely Lady dressed in blue Teach me how to pray! God was just your little boy, And you know the way. - Mary Dixon Thayer This prayer-poem was made famous in the 1950s by Bishop Fulton Sheen. Let's sing it from the heart today on this great feast of Mary's Immaculate Conception!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ave Maria !!!! We are all of us;knights of the Immaculata,or her ladies in waiting.May our Blessed Lord, through Mary's intercession, grant you Grace. May our Lady remember on this her feast day,all those conceived; born or unborn. Pax tecum. Da

Esther said...

I love the depiction you chose of the Blessed Virgin, and thank you for sharing such a beautiful poem on her feast day. :)

The Heart of Things said...

Thanks Esther! It's called "Kissing the Face of God" - one of my dad's favorites. If you click on it and then right click and save, it's all yours!

Peace,
Bill

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...