Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Send in Your Questions about Harry Potter











In preparation for next Tuesday's radio show, (we'll be pre-recording this Thursday) I wanted to put out a request for any questions you might have on the Harry Potter books or movies and their impact on you or those you know. Is it dangerous, delightful, concerning, or a real quest that you or your kids have enjoyed and look forward to?

So send in any and all thoughts, questions, or concerns you'd like answered on the air to contact@missionmoment.org or simply post a comment here at the Heart of things blog! (www.missionmoment.blogspot.com)

+

Here's a set of resources and articles on Harry Potter (pro and con)

Steven D. Greydanus on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Greydanus article on Gandalf and Harry Potter

No Catholic Consensus on Harry Potter

Michael O'Brien on Potter and the Pope

Jimmy Akin on Harry Potter and Pope Benedict

Book for Catholic Families on Harry Potter

Imagining Faith With Kids: Unearthing Seeds Of The Gospel In Children's Stories From Peter Rabbit To Harry Potter

Amy Welborn, Speaking of Harry, etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oldest child and I have very much enjoyed the Harry Potter stories and are eagerly awaiting July 21st for the final installment.

On a different note, I started reading your blog severel months ago and now I read it daily. I find your thoughts and ponderings very insightful. I have talked about you and your insights more than once to my RCIA candidates last year and plan on doing the same this year. Thanks and God Bless!

Sincerely,
Wendy Fuller

The Heart of Things said...

Hi Wendy, thanks so much for the feedback and for your kind words on the blog! Glad it helps (pray I keep turning to Him for the inspiration). Thanks as well for the word on Harry Potter. I'm hoping to post our radio show on Harry Potter as a podcast after next Tuesday. Peace and Prayers! Bill

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill.
It was a breath of fresh air to have you home again. Your talks were incitefull and scandalus( wow). We are offering tonights mass for you and Rebecca. God blessed you both with talents he meant for you to use and you have.
Love
John and Margaret

Talking to Your Little Ones About the Big Topic of Sex

A much repeated sentence we hear at our Theology of the Body retreats and courses is "I wish I heard this when I was younger!" ...